NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The "1 Million Members" Facebook Sweepstakes (“Sweeptstakes”) is open to any legal resident of the following; states of Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of AAA Northern New England (“Sponsor” or “NNE”) and its subsidiaries and affiliated AAA motor clubs, employees, officers, and directors, and members of their respective immediate families (spouse, parent, child, dependent, and sibling, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void outside of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire and elsewhere where prohibited. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- How to Enter: Do the following between 12:01 am EST July 1, 2017 and 11:59:59 pm EST October 23, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”):
- All “Likes” or “Shares” of the AAA Northern New England Facebook Post must be submitted by the above dates to be eligible to win.
- All likes/shares must be received by 11:59:59 pm EST on October 23, 2017. Entries received after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Entry Period will not be eligible for the drawing. Automated entries and entry via third party services is prohibited.
- PROHIBITED CONTENT: Submissions may not:
- Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights;
- Contain material that is violent, inappropriate, depicts nudity or is indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Contain material that promotes any illegal activities or any other activity that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- Contain material that promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- Contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont or in any state where it was created;
- Contain any materials relating to lotteries, gambling, tobacco, alcohol, drugs, firearms/weapons, or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous.
- Contain material that defames, libels, misrepresents or is negative about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- Contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical "samples") without permission;
- Contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than entrant(s), without permission, or otherwise constitute an invasion of privacy or publicity rights;
- Communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate;
- Constitute in itself, a violation of law.
- WHEN CREATING A SUBMISSION, ENTRANTS SHOULD NOT, AND MAY NOT: (A) PUT THEMSELVES OR ANY OTHER PERSONS, WHETHER APPEARING IN ENTRANT’S SUBMISSION OR NOT, IN DANGER OF ACTUAL BODILY INJURY OR DEATH, OR (B) VIOLATE LAW. ANY SUBMISSION THAT, IN THE JUDGMENT OF THE JUDGING PANEL, VIOLATES EITHER PROHIBITION IN THE FOREGOING SENTENCE SHALL BE DISQUALIFIED. By providing a Submission, each entrant grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the Submission in any way, in whole or in part, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed, without limitation and without further consideration or notice to the entrant. Providing any Submission further constitutes the entrant’s assignment and transfer to Sponsor of any and all rights, title, and interest in and to the Submission, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights. The right to submit or use a video included in any Submission must not be restricted in any way. By providing a Submission, the entrant warrants and represents that it: (a) is his/her original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, (e) his/she has obtained permission from any person whose name, likeness or voice is used in Submission, and (f) that publication of Submission via various media including web posting, will not infringe on the rights any third party rights. Any such entrant, or his/her parent(s) or guardian(s) having financial responsibility for such entrant, will indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from any claims to the contrary. Without limiting the generality of foregoing paragraph, during the Sweepstakes Entry Period selected Submissions may be posted at Sponsor’s sole discretion, in whole or in part, on its website, www.AAA.com (the “Website”) or on the AAA Northern New England Facebook Page. Such postings, if they occur, may be on a rotating or occasional basis and may be discontinued at any time at Sponsor’s sole discretion. ENTRIES OF A SUBMISSION OR PORTION THEREOF DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD IS NOT MEANT TO INDICATE THAT THE SUBMISSION IS A POTENTIAL FINALIST OR A POTENTIAL WINNER IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR THAT THE SUBMISSION IS OTHERWISE FAVORED IN ANY WAY. Such postings will occur, if at all, solely for illustrative purposes. SUBMISSIONS ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. By providing a Submission, each entrant agrees that his/her Submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation and that Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the Submission on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. Each entrant acknowledges that, by acceptance of his/her Submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. Sponsor reserves the right to remove, reject or disqualify (along with the entrants who submitted them) any Submissions which, in its opinion or the opinion of a judging panel or Sponsor, violate any of these Official Rules or are otherwise inappropriate for inclusion on the AAA Northern New England Facebook Page. Sponsor further reserves the right to remove and disqualify (along with the entrant who submitted it) any Submission if Sponsor determines, after the Submission has been received, that the entrant has violated these Official Rules or the policies, terms or conditions of the AAA Northern New England Facebook Post in any way.
- Grand Prize: One Grand Prize consisting of:
- $1,000.00 travel Voucher. Approximate total retail value is $1,000.00. See terms and conditions below.
- $1,000.00 travel Voucher. Approximate total retail value is $1,000.00. See terms and conditions below.
- General Prize Conditions;
- Prizes, are nontransferable, nonrefundable, not redeemable for cash, and may not be sold. This offer is non-refundable and non-transferable to any other service at AAA Northern New England. New bookings only. Certificate is per booking and valid for tour and vacation package with a AAA Preferred Vendor. Certificate must be presented at time of booking to qualify. Lost, damaged or expired certificate will not be replaced or accepted. All travel arrangements must be prepaid in full to use certificate. Redeemable only at AAA Northern New England Branch Offices. Certificate expires 12/31/18.
- Certain additional restrictions may apply. No cash or other prize substitution is allowed, except by Sponsor, in whole or in part, due to unavailability of the featured prize. All applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically stated herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of each winner, including, without limitation, ground transportation, meals, souvenirs and gratuities. All prizes are being awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Sponsor. All prize details are at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- A winner will be required to complete, sign, and return within a specified time an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability Release, and where legal, a Publicity Release.
- Winner Selection: All entries from eligible entrants will be combined and one winner will be chosen in a random drawing by Sponsor. The result of the random drawing is final and binding on all matters relating to the selection of the potential winner. The name of the winner will be announced on the AAA Northern New England Facebook Post in November 2017.
- Odds of Winning: Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND ADDITIONAL TERMS: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor, as applicable, which shall be final and binding in all respects; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless each member of Sponsor or Facebook and their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, members, owners, partners, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Releasees"), from all liability, claims or damages arising, directly or indirectly, out of entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and his/her acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, (c) to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from and against any third party claim arising from the breach by such entrant of any of his/her obligations, representations or warranties under these Official Rules, (d) by acceptance and use of any part of any prize, to the use of his/her names, photos, and/or likenesses for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation and, upon request, will provide written consent to such use, and (e) he/she has the permission of his/her parent or guardian, as applicable, to enter this Sweepstakes. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Releasees are not responsible for: incomplete entries or communications; or other errors or problems of any kind whether technical, mechanical, human, electronic, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; for lost, late, incomplete, or damaged entries; or for printing or typographical errors appearing in these Official Rules, the announcement of the winner and prizes, or in any other Sweepstakes materials. By participating, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and to the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Entries made by any means which subvert the entry process will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Governing Law: Consent to Jurisdiction: This Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the states of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont without regard for choice of laws or conflicts of laws principles. Any and all disputes or claims arising out of or connected in any way with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the AAA. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s or a prize provider’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; provided, however, that if this sentence is declared invalid or unenforceable, either in whole or in part, the remaining sentences of this Section shall remain in full force and effect. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special, consequential, incidental, exemplary, punitive or other similar damages against Sponsor or any prize provider. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein, except that any such invalid or illegal provision shall be enforced to the greatest extent permitted by law. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, Sponsor or any prize provider may seek to obtain injunctive relief against an entrant for the breach or threatened breach of these Official Rules, without posting bond, in addition to any other remedies in law or equity, which may be available to Sponsor or prize provider, in any of the federal or state courts located in Cumberland County, Maine. Each entrant consents to jurisdiction and venue in the federal or state courts located in Cumberland County, Main for the purposes set forth above and/or to confirm any award obtained by Sponsor or a prize provider in arbitration.
Miscellaneous: If this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to any cause or for any reason, including but not limited to war, strikes, and/or acts of God, virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention, or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who it believes has tampered with the entry process (and void his/her entry), and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and in the event of cancellation or termination, at its discretion, select the Finalists from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation or termination and to select the Grand Prize winner using the procedure outlined above. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON (S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
Sponsor and Administrator: AAA Northern New England, 68 Marginal Way, Portland Maine, 04101.
Copyright © 2017 AAA Northern New England. All Rights Reserved.